- SNAP/EBT Guidelines
- The Mankato Farmers’ Market will have EBT tokens available on-site at the Market Shed from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm Tuesday & Thursday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday for customers with EBT cards. EBT card redemption starts May 6th, 2017 – October (date to be determined), 2017.
- EBT shoppers will be able to purchase $1 tokens. These tokens will be used to purchase any SNAP eligible food items at the Mankato Farmers Market area only.The EBT/Food Stamp Process for Customers
Decide how much you want to spend. Then swipe your card at the designated EBT booth at the market. There is a small processing fee to use EBT. Redeem for tokens valued at $1 at only the vendors that SHAP/EBT eligible items. NO change or cash refunds will be given.
- What can I buy with my EBT tokens?
Vegetables, fruit, dairy products, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, bread, cereals, jam, syrup, honey, rice, grains and dried beans, pickles and packaged pastries. Cold wrapped and packaged edible items. Also seeds or plants that produce food can be sold (ex: tomato or basil plants).
- You will NOT be able to purchase: flowers, shrubs, fresh cut flowers, decorative plants, fall ornamentals, pumpkins, non-edible plants, non-food items, hot or cold immediately consumable foods, pet food, soaps, paper products, crafts or clothing items, fountain drinks hot or cold to include coffee & tea.
- Vendors will not exchange tokens for U.S. currency.
- Market Bucks
- For the 2017 growing season, as an incentive to use your EBT card at the Market, Blue Cross Blue Shield-Center for Prevention is allowing you to receive up to an extra $5 in Market Bucks when you swipe your card for $5.00 in tokens to shop the Farmers Market. That’s $5 free just for shopping the Market instead of the grocery store!
- Funding for this program is provided by the Minnesota Department of Human Services-Office of Economic Opportunities and Blue Cross Blue Shield-Center for Prevention.